Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School!

School in Germany is uber fun when all you have to do is sit in the back of the class, smile and thank your teachers for allowing your presence and write letters home!
Of course, the students have less fun, taking serious and well regimented courses, with 5 minute breaks scattered throughout the day. The length of the day varies, and throughout the whole year, they rotate their classes weekly. They don’t get to choose their courses until they are in 11th, and it doesn’t go in 4 subject terms. They have all courses, all year round. I am glad I do not have to take math year round to say the least... 
Today, I was up at 6 and put in a day until 1 ish, when the biology class waited outside a double booked classroom for 15 minutes before we were released to go. We took a bus home, had a lovely lunch Pauli’s grandma made and sent over for us. Here in Germany, lunch is the main meal.
After we got home, we went to visit a friend of hers, and went for a walk, and there were cows! And HORSIES!! They were brown, and beautiful, and I made friends with a stallion by feeding him grass. Turns out, when I ran? He runs too. It was beautiful! 
Tomorrow is Pauli’s fathers birthday, and I think I’m going to be helping serving for the event! :) That should be fun. 
Everyone, I have to admit, I really like it here... I think it’s beautiful, and clean, and crisp and it makes me very happy! 
This friday at 6 am is my flight to Nice! I get to finally meet the wonderful man who found me a host family, and will be teaching me jazz come fall. I have honestly been blessed to have he and his wife in my life. :) I can’t wait to come face to face with some of the most beautiful people I know. 
As for now, my camera was out of batteries today, so we have no daily picture for the day, so I will post one of Pauli and I from yesterday at the castle. 
There should be shots tomorrow of the school, and new friends, so for now, I bid you goodnight, good day!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxx
*O*

No comments:

Post a Comment