Sunday, August 22, 2010

"See you soon" because I'm not allowed to use the GB word

Bedrooms and packing and.... Goodbye.
Oh My.
Its 2 am. As I predicted, I am not asleep. (I survived that... Sort of. Please note that this was written on my flight yesterday, but I had no internet to post it :P )
I’m flying Condor, Seated in 37H, Up in the Air is playing, and the guy in front of me has his air conditioner up obscenely high. This is just another airplane.
But it isn't. Not to me. This is the vessel thats carrying me across the atlantic, where I will be, until the experience of a life time finds itself at an end. 
First off, thank you everyone for the well wishes. It means the world to me. And to those who wrote me letters for my flight, congratulations! You got your teary payback... I think the poor guy sitting next to me thinks Im phobic of turbulence, and yes Jubie, I did warn him that by the time he wakes up I will more than likely be asleep, snoring, draped off his shoulder. 
So here I am. Headache? Check. Get charged extra for luggage? Check. Teddy bear and sweater? Definitely check. Realizing that there isn't a single female stewardess? interestingly enough, check. Knowing I have to sleep very, very soon? Also check.
There are a few things I would like to say though: 
first: Dominic. Im already regretting not getting down to your eye level and making you understand that I love you, and I’m going to miss you like crazy. 
second: shout out to a group of individuals who have sent me over seas with a built in bucket list. Please note that if and when I state a random number between 1 and 100, and go on to describe an equally random event, that I’m filling the request of detailed counts of the events which will lead to having checked something off my bucket list.
third: holy cow I’m going to be in Germany in a few hours!! 
Oh, they just flicked out the lights... I’ll write more soon.
I will not lie to you... The fear is starting to set in, but I want you to know that it’s not a fear of being in someplace I don’t know, it’s not because I know this year is going to be a lot of work, and I will inevitably grow, and change. I’m scared of the loneliness that I know is bound to catch up to me eventually.
But in the meantime, I’m headed to a wonderful family that I do know. And I have my music. And I have this outpouring of love that I am so blessed with.
So, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol anyone? 
Goodnight... Or good morning?
Love always.
xooxoxoxoxooxo
*O*

ps- I tok no pictures yesterday because the camera was hidden in my suitcase, but I'll usually throw one in when I've taken any during the day... Like I will when I write todays blog... eventually... I'm really good at this blog thing ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment